From Macross Compendium
Northrom QF-3000E Ghost
- EQUIPMENT TYPE: AIRCRAFT
- GOVERNMENT: U.N. GOVERNMENT
- MANUFACTURER: NORTHROM
- TYPE: UNS all-theater unmanned fighter-bomber.
- CUSTOMERS: UNS
The name "Ghost" passed on to the QF-3000E, a later extension of the Superbird series hypersonic lifting-body unmanned fighter bomber and thus much larger than the QF-2200 Ghost series. Deployed on ARMD class space carriers and on SDF-1 Macross; 270 deployed on ARMD-01, 120 on Macross.
- QF-3000E: Standard version.
Blended lifting body, canard wing, overfuselage air intake, forward-looking main sensor, six large-bore cannons, internal missiles
- Landing Gear: Retractable tricycle undercarriage. One steerable nosewheel and twin coupled mainwheels retract rearward into fuselage. One arresting hook mounted under rear central fuselage.
Two outward-canted vertical stabilizers, two downward-canted horizontal stabilizers on rear outboard mounts, upward-canted canard forward wing, central ventral fin, control surfaces blended into lifting body.
One forward-looking main sensor and numerous other sensors. AI system.
- Six large-bore cannons mounted in left and right side of main fuselage.
- Eight missile launch bays with hatches mounted in left and right side of main fuselage.