From Macross Compendium
(Redirected from Queadluun-Rea)
- Affiliation: S.M.S., New UN Spacy
The Zentradi military female battle suit used in the first Interstellar War; the Queadluun-Rau, earned appreciation for superior performance and reliability. The reproduced unit which maintains the name of that unit from ancient times is the Queadlunn-Rhea. This unit has been strengthened with improved engine power, additional armament, enhanced sensors and avionics through new technologies. In addition, great emphasis was placed on life protection the Patroid from the original unit. This latest type, "Rhea/56", is deployed to immigration fleets and planet migration.
Although the New UN Forces retained the Queadluun-series with production of the Rhea-type, fewer units were mass produced compared to the VF-series due to its complicated structure. The performance and firepower was suitable for special duties such as force reconnaissance.
The Queadluun-Rhea is equipped with a pivoting beam cannon on its back. It also has three-barreled laser pulse guns in its arms. It is assigned to the Pixie Team of the S.M.S., but its maneuverability is outmatched by the newest variable fighter, the VF-25.
Quimeliquola inertia vector control system.
- Two Quimeliquola/General Galaxy FC-2055μ thermonuclear converters
- Two auxiliary propellant tanks, mounted on the back
- Two high-maneuverability verniers, located in the ends of the legs
- Optional independent Shinnakasu Industry/L.A.I FAB-1000 fold booster
One main cockpit screen. Active Stealth. Fold navigation is possible with updated avionics system for use with independent fold booster. Energy converting armor is adopted for the cockpit in addition to a simple cold-sleep function. More importantly, 2 circuits of the flight control system were doubled to 4, a primary and secondary, to improve survivability. Additionally, a BDI system is partially introduced to the operation system.
- Two Mauler LPG-30/3R 30mm air-to-air high-speed-rotating tri-barrel laser pulse gun, mounted in the arms.
- Auxiliary guns: Two Bifors AA-55/QD 55mm medium-bore impact cannons, mounted in the chest.
- Four Bifors close-combat short-range super-miniature high-maneuverability missile launcher pods, mounted on the back and on the sides of the knees.
- One Bifors AA-76/QD anti-ship impact cannon, mounted on the back.
- Height overall: 16.85 m (Without the barrel of beam cannon)
Masses and Loadings
- Mass, overall: 35.5t, fully equipped (Patroid (pilot weight 7.5t, anti-G pilot suit and life support equipment around 8.5t), propellant, high-maneuverability micro-missiles and impact beam cannon)
- Acceleration: normally 22.5G, up to 25G at super acceleration. Quimeliquola Inertia Control System's inertia neutralization function can reduce the load on the pilot to 18G, but pilot must still wear a G-suit