From Macross Compendium
- Manufacturer: S.M.S. - Ouroboros Branch
The YF-30 development project, also know as the "YF-30 Project" was developed on the planet, Ouroboros, and completed as a flight and transformation capable aircraft around 2060. The talented engineer and head of S.M.S. Ouroboros Branch, Aisha Blanchett, was in charge of the design and development. Although it used the YF-24 Evolution blueprints as a basis at the beginning, the transformation mechanism changed greatly due to a changes in the operational objectives during development, making it a completely different aircraft. The aircraft control AI used in the YF-25 Prophecy was appropriated for the YF-30's control AI. Leon Sakaki from the Sephira Branch of S.M.S. transported the YF-25 to deliver the control AI. Since it was impossible for Leon to return to the Sephira Branch due to increased fold fault activity that cover Ouroboros, he collaborated in the YF-30's testing since the original test pilot was seriously injured during testing. Leon placed importance on engine power performance causing durability problems and the design around the engines was reviewed.
Fold Dimensional Resonance (F.D.R.) System amplifies Sound Energy, allowing the YF-30 to break through fold faults. Clipped delta wings. Canard wings fold up to form shoulders in Battroid mode. Silhouette is similar to YF-24. Multipurpose container can be loaded with mission-specific equipment. Parts collected from the Protoculture ruins on Ouroboros were used in the YF-30. Highly precise and rigid parts manufactured at the automated Factory Satellite at Ouroboros.
- Two Shinsei Industry/ P&W/ RR FF-3001/FC2 Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engine (in space, maximum thrust of 2,110 KN)
- Thrust reverser, Equipped with 3D-maneuvering nozzles.
- P&W HMM-9 High maneuverability thrusters
One pilot with EX-Gear.
Fold Dimensional Resonance System.
- Gun pod
- One new-model Heavy Quantum Beam gun pod.
- Two 12.7 mm Beam machine gun.
- Assault knife for close combat in Battroid or GERWALK mode.
- One Multipurpose container located at the rear in Fighter and GERWALK modes and unfolds horizontally behind the head turret in Battroid mode. Container can be loaded with various equipment such as micro-missiles, auxiliary propulsion units or electronic warfare systems. Unit can be ejected when no longer needed.
- Length, overall: 18.84 m
- Width, overall: 16.62 m
- Height (without landing gear): 4.02 m
Mass and Loadings
- Mass empty: 8,106 kg
- Debut: Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe for PlayStation 3
- Designer: Shoji Kawamori