Sv-262 Draken III
From Macross Compendium
General Galaxy (SV Works) Sv-262 Draken III
- 1 Program
- 2 Variants
- 3 Design Features
- 4 Powerplant
- 5 Accommodation
- 6 Avionics
- 7 Armament
- 8 Dimensions, External
- 9 Mass and Loadings
- 10 Performance
- 11 Appendices
- 12 Related Links
- Government: Kingdom of Wind - Windermere
- Manufacturer: General Galaxy "SV Works"
A mysterious Valkyrie used by the Aerial Knights from the "Kingdom of Wind" located in a remote star system.
- Sv-262Ba: Standard production model.
- Sv-262Hs: Commander model.
Shinsei/LAI ISC-TO21G ISC (Inertia Store Converter). While thrust, acceleration and maneuverability performance is the same as other VF, adopting a special transformation mechanism reduces on-board capacity and cruising range in space is short due to restriction in propellant capacity. "Reheat System" uses Fold quartz excavated from Protoculture ruins on Windermere IV to improve over-boast system output compared to Ba-variant (Sv-262Hs).
- Two P&W/RR/L.A.I. FF-2999/FC2 Stage IIG thermonuclear reaction turbine engine (in space, maximum thrust of 1,955 KN)
- Equipped with joint variable 3D-maneuvering nozzle for both engines.
- 30% over-boost is possible when using "Reheat system" (Sv-262Hs)
- P&W HMM-10A High maneuverability verniers.
SWGA Energy Converting Armor. Chaff-Flare-Smoke discharger system. Active Stealth system.
- Two laser machine gun in the nose cone in fighter mode and on head turret in Battroid mode.(Sv-262Hs)
- Two Remmington LM-27C 27mm machine gun rail gun (mini gunpod). Mounted behind cockpit in fighter mode and on lower right arm in GERWALK and Battroid mode.
- General Galaxy GBP-35A beam gunpod mounted on the ventral side in fighter mode in a semi-submerged state. In GERWALK mode, it moves to the dorsal side and acts as a turret.
- Anti-projectile shield. In fighter mode, shield folds together and acts as a single tail fin.
- Pin-point barrier system.
- Lil Draken. 30mm beam cannon or optional jamming system. Four Micro-Missile Launchers.
- Four leg missile pods
- Wing span: 13.00m
- Length overall: 17.54m
- Height overall: 5.74m
- Height overall:
- (without laser guns): 15.78m
Mass and Loadings
- Mass, empty: 9,810 kg
- Maximum speed:
- standard, in atmosphere at 10000 m: Mach 5.8+, on account of the fuselage heat-resistance limit.
- Ceiling : Unlimited (Capable of launching into satellite orbit without special equipment)
- Maximum airframe design load: 30.8G (When ISC operates, the cockpit and equipment is protected from high G.)
- Debut: Macross Delta
Kawamori noted that this is the first time that a Valkyrie with this unique delta wing design variant has appeared in Macross.
Hidetaka Tenjin noted that the cockpit is not transparent.