VF-22HG Schwalbe Zwei
From Macross Compendium
General Galaxy VF-22HG Schwalbe Zwei
- Manufacturer: General Galaxy "Guld Works"
- Equipment Type: Variable vehicles
- Affiliation: True Earth Fleet
The VF-22, was adopted by the New UN Forces as the special operations aircraft as a successor to the VF-17, improving the airframe over the Galaxy Corporation's original concept, the YF-21, aimed at "Fusion of man and machine".
As well as improving the flight control system, sub hovering nozzles are installed in the leg sections which controls the fuselage during GERWALK, improving low-altitude dog-fighting. Without the aid of implants, control is very difficult and as a result, the Galaxy Corporation would be inclined to have the combination of an exclusive unit for an enhanced soldier.
Several were produced for trial purposes as the HG-type and most were used for black operations of the corporate army. Angers 672 owns the 4th unit seized by "True Earth Fleet" from an auxiliary vessel of Galaxy. Due to the structure of BDI, this model is not suitable for production and only "True Earth Fleet" has spare parts for Anger's unit.
- VF-22HG: Trial production model.
Pin-point barrier system. Sub hovering nozzles installed in the leg sections.
- Two Shinsei Industries/P&W/RR FF-2450C thermonuclear burst turbine engine (maximum thrust in space 615KN). Thrust reverser.
- P&W HMM-5B high maneuverability vernier thrusters
- Leg hovering nozzles.
Stage II SWGA Energy Converting Armor. Chaff-Flare-Smoke discharger system. Active stealth system.
- Erikon AAB-7 anti-aircraft high-powered converging beam cannon.
- Two Mauler REB-22 laser beam gun.
- Two Fighter-mode tail stabilizers act as shields in GERWALK and Battroid modes
- Four Bifors BML-02S internal micro-missile launchers.
- Two Hughes/GE GV-17L gun pods
Mass & Loadings
Mass, empty: 9420 kg
- Maximum speed
- at 10,000 m: Mach 5.07+