Macross Digital Mission VF-X
From Macross Compendium
|Release date||February 28, 1997
(re-release) May 28, 1998
|No. of Players||1|
Macross Digital Mission VF-X is the first Macross 3-D arcade-style, flight simulator for the Sony PlayStation console. The player is allowed to select from a variety of variable fighters seen in many Macross productions. The game was re-released in May 1998.
- Executive Direction: Shoji Kawamori
- Digitial Animation Director: Ichiroh Itano
- Mechanical Design: Shoji Kawamori, Kazutaka Miyatake
- Original Character Design: Haruhiko Mikimoto
- Animation Character Design: Ken-ichiroh Katsura
- Producer: Hiroshi Ueda
- Tomo Sakurai as Aoi Tsuwabuki
- Kikuko Inoue as Liatris
- Kotono Mitsuishi as Molly
- Yuka Imai as Violetta
- Noriko Namiki as Freesia
- Rio Natsuki as Miho Miho
- Kaoru Shimamura as Karen Allen, Operator
- Machiko Toyoshima as Powan Howan, Operator
- Noriko Fukuda as Euri Yui, Operator
- Daisuki Gouri as Commander
- Keiji Fujiwara as Rival
- Osamu Hosoi as Operator
- Tokuyoshi Kawashima as Operator
- Player choice of mecha, each with three-mode transformation.
- Opening animation with Fire Bomber song "Try Again".
- In-game concert with new song "Only You" written and composed by Mari Iijima and sung by a new five-singer idol group, Milky Dolls
- New Zentradi Variable Device.
- VF-1X Plus Valkyrie
- VF-4G Lightning III
- VF-11B Thunderbolt
- VF-17D Nightmare
- VF-19A Excalibur
- VF-22 Sturmvogel II
- Sony Playstation or compatible
- Memory card (uses 2 blocks on card)
- Analog joystick compatible
- VF-4G Lightning III debuts with Battroid and GERWALK mode designs actually designed and approved by Shoji Kawamori. These modes were previously planned, but not designed.
- Sneak Preivew at EX Magazine written by Egan Loo.