From Macross Compendium
(Redirected from FBz-99 Saubergeran)
Northrom & Grumman/Mikoyan-Varauta FBz-99 Zaubergeran
- Type: Variable fighter-bomber.
- Equipment Type: Variable Vehicles
- Manufacturer: Northrom & Grumman/Mikoyan-Varauta
- Government: Varauta
- Customers: Varauta
Large-scale variable fighter which the Varauta army modeled after the Macross 5 fleet's VAB-2D variable fighter-bomber which was developed by Northrom & Grumman/Mikoyan beginning in the 2035 period and deployed beginning in 2042. The D-type was presumed to have been modified for Zentradi pilots. This unit combines technology gained from the UN with unknown Protodeviln technology and is equipped with many weapons which overwhelms an enemy along with the airframe which evolved from the concept of the original unit.
- FBz-99G: Version in service produced in limited numbers.
Spritia absorption beam gun. Biological appearance not seen in UN airframes. Large-sized wing. Flap mechanism in the shoulder is similar to VA-3 Invader.
- Four 52,500 kg class (maximum instantaneous thrust in space) Shinnakasu/Daimler FF-2200G engines.
- Two 24,600 kg class (maximum instantaneous thrust in space) Roice/Daimler FR-60C thermonuclear rocket engines to assist mobility in Heavy Battroid mode.
- Two overfuselage air intakes. Two vectored exhaust nozzles, for VTOL performance and maneuverability.
- Two sub-nozzles for Heavy Battroid use.
- P&W/Daimler HMM-5C high-maneuverability vernier thrusters.
Pilot with provision for second member. Feeler/antenna sensors in the cockpit block.
- Two internal pulse guns mounted fore of lower main wing in Fighter-bomber or in manipulator in Heavy Battroid mode.
- Four fixed anti-air beam guns mounted on a free moving arm, over main fuselage's engine intakes in Fighter-Bomber mode or on shoulder section in Battroid mode.
- Fixed 22-micro-missile launchers (11 on each side) mounted fore of main wing in Fighter-Bomber mode or in shoulders in Heavy Battroid mode.
- Two fixed rotary missile launchers mounted in lower forward fuselage in Fighter-bomber mode or in lower main body in Heavy Battroid mode.
- Two missile launchers stowed in dorsal area in Fighter-Bomber mode and mounted on shoulder sections in Heavy Battroid mode.
- Spiritia spark gun mounted over main fuselage in Fighter-Bomber mode or on head turret in Heavy Battroid mode.
- 6 hard points.
- Total capacity for non-fixed weapon loads exceeding 60 t.
- Wing span (Fully extended forward): 37.81 m
- Length overall: 18.18 m
Heavy Battroid mode:
- Height overall: 22.95 m
Masses and Loadings
- Mass empty: 22,600 kg
- Cruising speed
- in atmosphere: Mach 3.8+
- Minimum T-O/Landing run: 0 m (VTOL capable)
- Ceiling : Unlimited (Capable of launching into satellite orbit over an Earth-class planet)
- Maximum rate of climb at S/L: 26400 m/min
- Combat action radius (in atmosphere): Nearly unlimited
- g limits: +30.0/-20.0
- Debut: Macross 7
- Designer: Shoji Kawamori