Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe
From Macross Compendium
|Console||Sony PlayStation 3|
|Developer||Namco Bandai Games|
|Release date||February 28, 2013(tentative)|
|No. of Players|
|Distributor||Namco Bandai Namco Games|
|This article is written from the Real World point of view.|
Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe (Macross 30: The Voice that Connects the Galaxy) is a PlayStation 3 flight action role-playing game that combines multiple Macross-characters from different eras. Announced back in September at Tokyo Game Show 2012, the game features opening theme song "Planet Cradle" and the ending theme "Wandering" by Haruka Chisuga, a winner of this year's Miss Macross 30 contest, new characters and a new variable fighter designed for the game, the YF-30 Chronos.
It is the year 2060. One year has passed since the Frontier immigration fleet’s battle with the Vajra and the galaxy has entered a period of peace. Leon Sakaki of the Sepheela branch of the SMS, arrives at the remote planet of Uroboros as part of a mission but is forced to crash-land after an encounter with an unidentified craft.
He is rescued by the head of SMS’s Uroboros Branch, Aisha Blanchett, but is unable to return to his ship due to the occurrence of an anomaly known as the Uroboros Aurora.
Leon is assigned to work together with Aisha until he is able to get off the planet. While on an underground survey or the planet's ruins, the two discover a sleeping girl named Mina Forte. He later encounters his rival and former friend, pilot Rod Baltmar of the New U.N. Forces' special unit Hávamál.
The memories of the amnesiac girl, Mina, are key to the ruins — and the mysterious incident that brings Leon together with legendary pilots and idols from the past to fight a battle to protect Uroboros and the galaxy itself.
- Mecha Design: Shoji Kawamori
- Animation Director: Eiichi Sato
- Character Animation Design: Hirotaka Marufuji
- Miyu Irino as Leon Sakaki
- Marina Inoue as Aisha Blanchett
- Haruka Chigusa as Mina Forte
- Mamoru Miyano as Rod Baltmar
- Joji Nakada as Ushio Todo
- Playable characters from previous Macross-series: Hikaru Ichijyo in VF-1S Valkyrie with Strike Packs, Basara Nekki in VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie, Isamu Dyson in YF-19 with FAST Packs, Shin Kudo in VF-0A with Ghost Booster, Alto Saotome in VF-25F with Super Packs
- 113 minutes of voice actor interviews.
- CG movies "Burning Fire" and "Get it on-Flying Rock" from the earlier Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Triangle Frontier games.
- New YF-30 Chronos variable fighter designed for the game by Shoji Kawamori
- Main Quest – Pre-mission briefing/conversation, Mission objectives are outlined.
- Bridge - Quest objectives, launch quest, save & load games.
- Hanger - Mecha can be selected and customized with upgrades obtained during the game.
- Field - Players can travel to various areas in search of adventure. Main Quests, Filed Quests, and Dungeon Quests side missions. Defeat smaller enemies to level up and obtain materials for new parts. Visit towns to buy items, accept sub-quests and participate in races.
- Immerse yourself in the world of Uroboros. In-between story missions, players can visit towns at various points on the map to accept a guild sub-quest or participate in a Valkyrie ‘Vanquish’-race. Finishing sub-quests and winning races awards players with new items.
- High-Speed Scrolling Stages in Story Mission.
- Features opening theme song "Planet Cradle" and the ending theme "Wandering" by Haruka Chisuga.
Limited Edition features
- Box illustrated by Macross mechanical artist Hidetaka Tenjin.
- Collection of layout and animation sketches chosen by Marufuji from the in-game animation
- Collection of designs for the game's characters and mecha
- Collection of event and campaign posters for the Macross 30th anniversary
- Macross 30th Anniversary booklet
- Product codes to download special "Marking Valkyrie" versions of the VF-25 and VF-1S
Includes (but not limited to):
- VF-0 Phoenix
- VF-1 Valkyrie
- VF-11C Thunderbolt
- VF-19E Excalibur
- VF-22 Sturmvogel II
- YF-25 Prophecy
- VF-27 Lucifer
- YF-29 Durandal
- YF-30 Chronos
- Sony Playstation 3
- Limited edition: 11,800 yen
- Standard edition: 8,380 yen
- Pre-orders will receive a product code to download an exclusive "Marking Valkyrie" version of the YF-29 Durandal.