MBR-04-Mk VI Destroid Tomahawk
From Macross Compendium
Viggers/Chrauler MBR-04-Mk VI Tomahawk Main Battle Robot
- EQUIPMENT: MBRs
- GOVERNMENT: UNITED NATIONS GOVERNMENT
- Status: In production for UN
- Manufacturers: Viggers, Chrauler
The MBR-04 series were the [first combat-ready] most successful land-combat weapon Destroids which applied OTM. By the time the Type 01 through 03 had completed trial production and the Type 04 of the Destroid ambulatory weapons was finally developed (from Overtechnology from the fallen Macross), the United Nations War was nearly over. Development began in  2002 May and trial production began in 2003 December. The decision was made to formally introduce the MBR-04 series of Destroids 2006 June and mass production began. The MBR-04-Mk I's rollout occurred in 2007 February. (The Mk I's original designation was the Destroid. After its systems became the basis for other models, this first model became to be called Mark One.) The MBR-04-Mk I's weaponry consisted of rocket launchers and two arms for use in close-quarters combat. The Mk VI (Tomahawk)'s and Mk X (Defender)'s rollouts were in 2007 November and 2009 March respectively. Additionally, since there was room in the design of the Type 04, developmental models were concurrently developed (these became the prototypes of affiliated units called the 04 series). On the other hand, the Mk IV left excellent results from its maneuvers and a enhanced output Mk VI shifted into mass production and a considerable number, said to be 440, were deployed on SDF-1 Macross. Furthermore, they were deployed on the surface of SDF-1 to perform interception and operated as an immediate combat force.
The model number's abbreviation, MBR (Main Battle Robot), indicates that this unit was developed as a walking humanoid weapon that would replace the mainline tank with an emphasis on heavy armor firepower of an artillery combat. Even thought it has inferior anti-aircraft abilities, it possesses a variety of weapons that are not inferior to the later units; boasting firepower among the leaders of the Destroid-series. Although, since both arms were fixed armaments, making it unsuitable for hand-to-hand combat, it demonstrated its value by cooperating with other models. This unit operated as a core to ground combat when paired with the variable fighter (VF) and left great military gains during the Great Stellar War with the Zentradi army.
The Type 04 that became the basis of the MBR-04-MkVI was developed jointly by Viggers and Chrauler. With its large capacity, it is listed as one of its structural features. In contrast to the VF, who doesn't have the structure to balance versatility with the transformation mechanism, the structure of Type 04 has sufficient room to work with. This lead to expansion of installed armaments and development of the design, promoting various developments of the Type 04. This unit became an example of making the best use of such features in the direction of heaviness, adding more firepower and versatility that symbolizes the Destroid.
The heavy assault MBR-04-Mk VI Tomahawk possesses the greatest firepower of any type or version within the  series. The detachable weapons bay attaches to the main body via two main locks. In the weapon bay directly above the cockpit is an extendable periscoping telescope. A missile or searchlight option pack can be attached directly behind the beam cannon mount on either side of the weapon bay. Bullet resistant enhancement was stressed in the design but the Tomahawk did not have the armor strength to withstand a direct hit from a Zentradi mobile weapons' guns. The upper left side of the back is a coolant tank. The main frame from the waist to the leg is the common module in the series of the Type 04 model. The thermonuclear reactor and ambulatory system are included within this module, consolidating the OTM that is placed in the Destroids. Moreover, the production line integration was the goal with this collaboration, achieving improvement in productivity and serviceability. Furthermore, this inner structure contributed to the rapid development of the Destroid variations.
The MBR-04-MkVI uses both a thermonuclear reactor and a fuel-powered generator for driving power, reaching speeds as high as 180 km/hour. It can also perform jumps due to 2 thrust nozzles in the lower back region. Additionally, there are radiators with exhaust ports in the rear installed on the left and right hips, and things like lights installed in every section of the unit.
- Crew: 2 
- Cockpit located at the front of the body can be separated from the body and in an emergency, only the cockpit block is recovered.
- Head is equipped with 2 camera eyes, with the upper one moving along a slit. Polarized light shield covering the lower camera eye was red in the experimental and early mass-production type, and green in the mass production type.
- Kranss-Maffai MT808 thermonuclear reactor developing 2800 bhp
- Auxiliary generator: GE EM9G fuel generator rated at 450 kW
- (main) 2 x Mauler PBG-11 liquid-cooled electrically-charged particle beam gun. Targeting TV eye mounted in the base of the guns. Both arms can be aimed and fired independently.
- (anti-personnel) 2 x Remmington M-89 12.7 mm air-cooled machine gun, built-in the head.
- (sub) 2 x Astra TZ-III gun cluster (1 x laser gun, 1 x 25 mm machine gun, 1 x 180 mm grenade launcher, 1 x flamethrower)
- 2 x 12-rocket Bifors close-in self-guided rocket launcher
- 1 x Erlikon 6-missile anti-aircraft self-guided missile option pack, mounted on the right shoulder.
- Length (overall): 5.1 m
- Width (overall): 7.9 m
- (overall) 12.7 m
- (to head unit) 11.27 m
Mass and Loadings
- Mass: 31,300 kg
- Maximum speed: 180 km/h
- Designer: Kazutaka Miyatake