Macross Triangle Frontier
From Macross Compendium
|Console||Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)|
|Release date||February 3, 2011 (tentative)|
|No. of Players||1-4 (in ad hoc mode)|
|Distributor||Bandai Namco Co., Ltd.|
|This article is written from the Real World point of view.|
Macross Triangle Frontier (マクロス トライアングル フロンティア) is a 3-D Action game for PlayStation Portable hand-held game console and sequel to Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Ace Frontier. The game includes the new "Academy Mode" where players can create a character at Mihoshi Academy. This character can aslo be imported into Campaign Mode.
- 2-player Cooperative Play, up to 4 players in ad-hoc mode.
- Two editions available, Standard and Itsuwari no Utahime editions.
- "Academy Mode". Players will be able to create their own character with a name, birthdate, birth place, course of study, and also assign base stats for such parameters as power, aiming, fighting, defense, concentration, speed, and set up a weekly schedule of training activities and events.
- You'll also be able to experience events and interact with Alto Saotome, Ranka Lee, Sheryl Nome, and other characters from the Macross Frontier TV series.
- Spirit, skill, and body statistics are affected depending on actions you take in the game.
- "General studies", "maintenance", and "basic training" and other categories trigger over 1,000 events. Upon selection, the menu shows which characters will be involved in the coming event and what effect the event will have on your three parameters.
- Import your Academy Mode character into Campaign Mode.
- Campaign Mode offers playable missions from Macross (TV), Macross Do You Remember Love?, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7, Macross Zero, Macross Frontier, Macross Frontier: The Movie ~Itsuwari no Utahime~ and Macross II.
- "Survival Mode". In this mode, players select two or more missions from the various series and must clear them continuously.
- New mode "Extra Mission". By satisfying certain conditions, players will be able to play additional missions that differ from the normal missions.
- New action "Single Lock". Armaments of a multiple target-lock can now be concentrated on a single target.
- New action "Plus Lock". Continually pressing the armaments fire button in a multi-lock-on now allows you to triple the offensive strength, allowing for easy target kills.
- New action "Charge Break". Allows you to be temporarily invulnerable in tight spots. However, this will deplete your SP gauge. Once your SP gauge is depleted, you will not be able to use this feature.
- BGM can be saved to Memory Sticks.
- New song, "Get it on-flying rock” performed by Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee, also to be available in Ranka’s single "Houkago Overflow."
Itsuwari no Utahime edition
- Two additional UMDs including:
- Film cel from the Macross Frontier: The Movie ~Itsuwari no Utahime~ movie.
- Special boxset for the entire edition.
Includes, but is not limited to:
- VF-0 Phoenix
- VF-1 Valkyrie
- VF-19 Excalibur
- VF-25 Messiah
- SNN Valkyrie
- VF-2SS Valkyrie II
- YF-25 Prophecy
- Sony Playstation Portable
- Memory Stick Duo support for ad hoc communication
- Standard Edition: 5,229 Yen (including tax)
- Itsuwari no Utahime Pack: 7,329 Yen (including tax)